- Houston has a new Ramones tribute, Road to Ruin.
- Rock Candy has replaced their departed guitar player with two awesome shredders; James Melle and Brian Doss.
- Baroness has tow personnel changes. Taylor Simpson (backing vocals, triangle & tambourine) was added to their lineup in April, and Zack Hamburg took over the bass player position from Cesar Dominguez in June.
- Brooke Alyson and Nightbird are in the news again. Brooke was interviewed by Texas Public Radio about their show at Sam’s Burger Joint in San Antonio, TX, which incidentally sold out! You can listen to the interview here – Brooke’s portion starts at 2:15.
- Pig in Zen, a tribute to Jane’s Addiction is looking for a singer. A tall order for sure, but if you think you can pull off Perry Farrell, then contact them to schedule an audition. They are all seasoned musicians and have played the tribute scene for years. As a result, they have connections to great venues both in Houston and out of town. Visit their Facebook page for more info about the band, and to see their videos.
ICYMI: Blood Red Sky enacted a grand experiment last night, a live stream performance of U2’s Until The End Of The World. Five cameras, seven mics, and what seemed like miles of cable tying together four different locations for a collaborative live performance. So how did it turn out?